Wednesday, August 19, 2009

How to convince your parents.

You want to go vegan but your parents say:
1. It's not healthy.
2. It's expensive.
3. I'm not cooking something separate just for you you.

You say:
1. It is entirely possible to survive and thrive on a vegan diet, I've researched the nutritional needs of vegans (for help check out the nutrition post on this blog) and I've made a list of foods I need to eat to stay healthy.
2. While some vegan products are more expensive, the staples of a vegan diet like beans, lentils, soy, fruits, and vegtables are relatively inexpensive. If your parents are really worried about expenses tell them to give you a budget, offer to give something up, or pay for your own food
3. Many vegan recipes are appealing to vegans and nonvegans alike, but if you need me to I can cook my own food.

No comments:

Post a Comment